We want to keep our processes as simple as possible, while maintaining compliance with IRS regulations and ensuring that aid goes where it is needed most.
Here’s how our process works:
- Those in need should complete the application form. The form will continue to request a full description of need, so we can connect people with available resources throughout the community.
- If the applicant is a student, we will verify that they have exhausted eligibility from Invisible Need’s Student Emergency Relief Fund.
- We will confirm on-campus employment through pay stubs, and confirm student enrollment with WINs (WMU’s student ID number).
- For bill support, we will request a copy of relevant bills and maintain those on file to maintain IRS compliance.
- For those who are eligible for support, we will provide funding for utility, phone, and internet bills up to $100. Individuals in need of additional support for medications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Funds will be disbursed electronically to recipient checking accounts. Students who are unable to use this method will receive Visa gift cards.